2001-03-15 10:18:28

by Dragan Milenkovic

Subject: Utility for re-patritioning

Since Linus has said that we need Swap = 2xRAM,
and I bought some RAM, I need to enlarge my swap partition.
Which utility should I use to resize my (ext2) partitions
(possibly without data corruption:) ?

--
Dragan

2001-03-15 11:04:34

by Anton Altaparmakov

Subject: Re: Utility for re-patritioning

At 10:17 15/03/01, Dragan Milenkovic wrote:
>Since Linus has said that we need Swap = 2xRAM,
>and I bought some RAM, I need to enlarge my swap partition.
>Which utility should I use to resize my (ext2) partitions
>(possibly without data corruption:) ?

Have a look at gnu parted (ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parted/)

Regards,

Anton

>--
>Dragan
>
>-
>the body of a message to [email protected]

Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW: http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-ntfs/
ICQ: 8561279 / WWW: http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/

2001-03-19 20:35:34

by Boris Pisarcik

Hello,
try resize2fs from e2fsprogs package. B.