2001-03-22 11:18:49

by alterity

Subject: Where's Alan?

Haven't seen a post for sometime from the usually prolific Mr Cox.
What's the gossip?

2001-03-22 11:28:39

by dth

Subject: Re: Where's Alan?

alterity <[email protected]> wrote:
>Haven't seen a post for sometime from the usually prolific Mr Cox.
>What's the gossip?

Don't worry, missed him as well, but he's been posting
comments since yesterday. His personal webpage hasn't
been updated since 13th of this month though...

Danny

--
----
Holland Hosting

2001-03-22 12:04:42

by David Miller

alterity <[email protected]> wrote:
>Haven't seen a post for sometime from the usually prolific Mr Cox.
>What's the gossip?

They needed some help from him to position Mir for it's
final descent.

Later,
David S. Miller

by Steve Underwood

"David S. Miller" wrote:

> alterity <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Haven't seen a post for sometime from the usually prolific Mr Cox.
> >What's the gossip?
>
> They needed some help from him to position Mir for it's
> final descent.

Strange. I thought his key skill was stopping things from crashing!

Regards,
Steve

2001-03-22 14:02:58

by David Miller

Steve Underwood writes:
> "David S. Miller" wrote:
> > They needed some help from him to position Mir for it's
> > final descent.
>
> Strange. I thought his key skill was stopping things from crashing!

This crash was inevitable, he's just making sure the disks get
sync'd.

Later,
David S. Miller

by john slee

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:00:40AM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:

> Steve Underwood writes:
> > "David S. Miller" wrote:
> > > They needed some help from him to position Mir for it's
> > > final descent.
> >
> > Strange. I thought his key skill was stopping things from crashing!
>
> This crash was inevitable, he's just making sure the disks get
> sync'd.

he won't even get a free taco for his efforts :-(

--
"Bobby, jiggle Grandpa's rat so it looks alive, please" -- gary larson

2001-03-22 14:55:00

by CaT

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:30:29AM +1100, john slee wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:00:40AM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> >
> > Steve Underwood writes:
> > >
> > > Strange. I thought his key skill was stopping things from crashing!
> >
> > This crash was inevitable, he's just making sure the disks get
> > sync'd.
>
> he won't even get a free taco for his efforts :-(

Having seen what taco hell passes for maxican food for the first time in
my life a few days ago, I think Alan eating taco hell would be a great
tragedy for a. his wife and b. linux. This... thing that my friend was
putting in his mouth was long, slimy and somewhat flaccid. It may or may
not have been a burrito. The jury is still out on that one.

I say Keep Alan Taco Hell Free! ;)

--
CaT ([email protected]) *** Jenna has joined the channel.
<cat> speaking of mental giants..

2001-03-22 19:18:07

by alan

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Danny ter Haar wrote:

> alterity <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Haven't seen a post for sometime from the usually prolific Mr Cox.
> >What's the gossip?
>
> Don't worry, missed him as well, but he's been posting
> comments since yesterday. His personal webpage hasn't
> been updated since 13th of this month though...

He found out what happens when you mix Penguin bars and Penguin Mints and
he has been in detox since. ];>

[email protected] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
"In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."

2001-03-22 22:00:09

by Horst H. von Brand

"David S. Miller" <[email protected]> said:
> alterity <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Haven't seen a post for sometime from the usually prolific Mr Cox.
> >What's the gossip?

> They needed some help from him to position Mir for it's
> final descent.

Just hope he gets out before the burnup...
--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand mailto:[email protected]

by Ion Badulescu

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:30:46 -0800 (PST), Alan Olsen <[email protected]> wrote:

> He found out what happens when you mix Penguin bars and Penguin Mints and
> he has been in detox since. ];>

Wouldn't that be de-tux, though? :-)

Ion

--
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than to open it and remove all doubt.