2001-03-29 01:38:56

by Alex Valys

Subject: Linux Kernel IRC Room?

Is there a kernel development irc room anywhere? If not, does anyone think
it might be useful?

2001-03-29 02:37:15

by David Lang

Subject: Re: Linux Kernel IRC Room?

how do you hold a real-time chat with people around the world? the fact
that the key people would seldom be on at the same time severly limits
it's usefullness. the mailing list does a pretty good job as is.

David Lang

On Wed,
28 Mar 2001, Alexander Valys wrote:

> Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:37:49 -0500
> From: Alexander Valys <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Linux Kernel IRC Room?
>
> Is there a kernel development irc room anywhere? If not, does anyone think
> it might be useful?
> -

by Gerhard Mack

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Alexander Valys wrote:

> Is there a kernel development irc room anywhere? If not, does anyone think
> it might be useful?

#kernelnewbies on irc.openprojects.net.

--
Gerhard Mack

[email protected]

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

2001-03-29 02:48:14

by Andre Hedrick

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, David Lang wrote:

> how do you hold a real-time chat with people around the world? the fact
> that the key people would seldom be on at the same time severly limits
> it's usefullness. the mailing list does a pretty good job as is.
>
> David Lang

/me asks 'Dude you assume Linux Sleeps?' hahahaha

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development

2001-03-29 10:56:42

by cjw44

David Lang <[email protected]> wrote:
>how do you hold a real-time chat with people around the world? the fact
>that the key people would seldom be on at the same time severly limits
>it's usefullness. the mailing list does a pretty good job as is.

Doesn't seem to harm #debian-devel ...

--
Colin Watson [[email protected]]

2001-03-29 15:34:22

by Kurt Roeckx

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 08:37:49PM -0500, Alexander Valys wrote:
> Is there a kernel development irc room anywhere? If not, does anyone think
> it might be useful?

I'd just like to point out that it's called a channel, not a
room. Room is a term introduced by AOL, and I don't think it has
much to do with IRC.

Kurt

2001-03-31 03:41:26

by Joel Jaeggli

there's discussion on irc.linpeople.org and irc.slashnet.org... but I'm
not sure the kernel needs an offical channel...

joelja

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Colin Watson wrote:

> David Lang <[email protected]> wrote:
> >how do you hold a real-time chat with people around the world? the fact
> >that the key people would seldom be on at the same time severly limits
> >it's usefullness. the mailing list does a pretty good job as is.
>
> Doesn't seem to harm #debian-devel ...

Joel Jaeggli [email protected]
Academic User Services [email protected]
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms. Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.