2001-04-02 19:22:54

by Jakob Kemi

Hi all.

Ok, maybe this isn't the right list for this question. In 2.2.x the
parport_probe module extracted the ieee1284 device id correctly and added to the
proc fs. However this doesn't seem to work for me in 2.4.x
I only have one device to test it on and since I know there have been some
difficulties regarding the device string's length bytes etc I post my device_id string here
the first two bytes says that length is 96 and the following is the string
"MFG:Winbond;MDL:SA5459B;CLS:DIGCAM;DES:Winbond's DIGCAM driver can not be found in the system;"

I have tested to build, parport, parport_pc and ieee1284 both as modules and static into the kernel.
Is there some option I need to enable. As far as I understand the CONFIG_PARPORT_1284 should be enough??

Bye
Jakob

2001-04-09 13:23:36

by Tim Waugh

Subject: Re: your mail

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 09:20:43PM +0200, Jakob Kemi wrote:

> Ok, maybe this isn't the right list for this question. In 2.2.x the
> parport_probe module extracted the ieee1284 device id correctly and
> added to the proc fs. However this doesn't seem to work for me in
> 2.4.x

It changed place: perhaps that's the problem? /proc/parport/$n is now
/proc/sys/dev/parport/$name.

> Is there some option I need to enable. As far as I understand the
> CONFIG_PARPORT_1284 should be enough??

Yes, it should.

Tim.
*/