2001-07-25 06:22:42

by Edouard Soriano

Subject: Forum for Databases and DB2

Hello folks,

I know this is not the right forum to place a question
regarding Databases, but I have no idea where to go about.

I am configuring DB2 7.1 on a Linux system RedHat 7.1
and I am having a real pain about.

I applied recommendations described in
http://www.liuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DB2-HOWTO/jdkinstall.html

but when starting the Control Center (db2cc) Java
bumps.

Is there another linux forum covering DB2 on Linux I
can address to share experiences ?

Kind Regards

E. Soriano

2001-07-25 15:41:57

by Urban Widmark

Subject: Re: Forum for Databases and DB2

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Edouard Soriano wrote:

> I am configuring DB2 7.1 on a Linux system RedHat 7.1
> and I am having a real pain about.
>
> I applied recommendations described in
> http://www.liuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DB2-HOWTO/jdkinstall.html
>
> but when starting the Control Center (db2cc) Java
> bumps.

The Control Center is not a vital part, you can live just fine without it.
Unless you have a strong urge to click on things ... :)

> Is there another linux forum covering DB2 on Linux I
> can address to share experiences ?

Search on http://www.google.com, if you haven't already.

IBM has a few newsgroups, related to db2 as well as other IBM stuff. If
you don't have local news access, they should be available at
news.software.ibm.com.

/Urban