2001-11-16 18:35:27

by Joseph Pingenot

Subject: CacheFS for Linux?

Hello.

Has any work been done on creating a sort of CacheFS for Linux
(local NFS caching)? If so, where can I go to get more info
on getting it up and running? Or is it already implemented
somewhere?
Thanks!

-Joseph
--
Joseph======================================================jap3003@ksu.edu
"In addition to MozCalander(sic), and MozOffice, the Mozilla Organization

2001-11-16 18:52:18

by Brian

Subject: Re: CacheFS for Linux?

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but you may want to look at
the coda client/server. Local caching and multiple origin servers are two
of its major features.

Of course, this is entirely separate from NFS, so if an NFS server is your
only option, it means nothing.

-- Brian