2001-12-07 06:40:33

by Abhishek Rai

Subject: Qusestion: printk

printk works erratically on my machine:

the same module with the same kernel priority flag for
printk (eg. KERN_INFO, KERN_EMERG etc) when insmoded
one time will have printk working just fine. but say
the next time the comp boots, or even i rmmod it and
reinsert, printk won't print anything.
however in one lifetime of the module, the behaviour
is consistent- either all the printk's work all don't
work.

-abhishek

=====
Don't say Goodbye say Goodluck
Abhishek Rai
3rd year,B.Tech, Computer Science and Engineering
IIT KGP,India
http://greetings.yahoo.com

2001-12-07 15:06:55

by Radivoje Todorovic

The same happened to me and what I did is to restart syslog. Try it