2001-12-15 13:04:58

by Rene Rebe

Subject: kernel hangs on num-lock press

Hi all.

I have usb-only system here: MB: sis735; Keyboard: cherry 3000 USB and
a Logitech Pilot USB mouse.

When I press num-lock the first time after boot-up or often after switching
between X and a VC (Matrox-FB) my system hangs for a second (even sound-
stops) and I get this message:

Dec 15 14:01:19 jackson kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(ed)
Dec 15 14:01:19 jackson kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)

With my last Asus k7m maiboard and the same hardware (internal and external)
I got this messages not that often - and I never had such hangs where even
the sound stops ...

Any idea??

k33p h4ck1n6
Ren?

--
Ren? Rebe (Registered Linux user: #248718 <http://counter.li.org>)

eMail: [email protected]
[email protected]

Homepage: http://www.tfh-berlin.de/~s712059/index.html

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: kernel hangs on num-lock press

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 02:04:23PM +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have usb-only system here: MB: sis735; Keyboard: cherry 3000 USB and
> a Logitech Pilot USB mouse.
>
> When I press num-lock the first time after boot-up or often after switching
> between X and a VC (Matrox-FB) my system hangs for a second (even sound-
> stops) and I get this message:
>
> Dec 15 14:01:19 jackson kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(ed)
> Dec 15 14:01:19 jackson kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)

What kernel is this?
What usb host controller driver?
SMP or UP?

thanks,

greg k-h

2001-12-15 17:35:55

by Rene Rebe

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:30:12 -0800
Greg KH <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 02:04:23PM +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I have usb-only system here: MB: sis735; Keyboard: cherry 3000 USB and
> > a Logitech Pilot USB mouse.
> >
> > When I press num-lock the first time after boot-up or often after switching
> > between X and a VC (Matrox-FB) my system hangs for a second (even sound-
> > stops) and I get this message:
> >
> > Dec 15 14:01:19 jackson kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(ed)
> > Dec 15 14:01:19 jackson kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)
>
> What kernel is this?
> What usb host controller driver?
> SMP or UP?

Ups sorry: