2001-12-17 17:21:56

by Sebastian Droege

Subject: Re: your mail

Thanks
This does work
What do you think was exactly the problem?

Bye

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:57:01 +0100 (CET)
Dave Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Sebastian Dr?ge wrote:
>
> > 2.4.16-2.4.17-rc1 works perfectly
> > 2.5.0-2.5.1 works perfectly
> > Only 2.5.1-dj1 has this 2 errors (ISA-PnP non-detection and USB only root hub detection)
> > All have the same .config
> > If you need some more information feel free to ask me ;)
>
> Ok, can you try backing out this patch.. (just patch as normal but with -R)
> http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/patches/2.5/small-bits/early-cpuinit-1.diff
>
> regards,
> Dave.
>
> --
> | Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk
> | SuSE Labs

Attachments:
(No filename) (189.00 B)

2001-12-17 17:26:06

by Dave Jones

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Sebastian Dr?ge wrote:

> Thanks
> This does work

Great, now can you edit the patch to remove the ioapic.c hunk,
reapply, and see if that works..

> What do you think was exactly the problem?

looks like I dorked the apic init...
I'll back that bit out for -dj2, until I've given
it a bit more work.

regards,
Dave.

--
| Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk
| SuSE Labs

2001-12-17 18:42:28

by Sebastian Droege

Hmm...
I don't see anything about ioapic.c in the patch...
So I removed the apic.c hunk
I think you meant that ;)
Anyway this doesn't solve the problem :(

Bye

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:25:37 +0100 (CET)
Dave Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Sebastian Dr?ge wrote:
>
> > Thanks
> > This does work
>
> Great, now can you edit the patch to remove the ioapic.c hunk,
> reapply, and see if that works..
>
> > What do you think was exactly the problem?
>
> looks like I dorked the apic init...
> I'll back that bit out for -dj2, until I've given
> it a bit more work.
>
> regards,
> Dave.
>
> --
> | Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk
> | SuSE Labs

Attachments:
(No filename) (189.00 B)

2001-12-17 18:45:10

by Dave Jones

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Sebastian Dr?ge wrote:

> So I removed the apic.c hunk
> I think you meant that ;)

*nod*

> Anyway this doesn't solve the problem :(

Ok, this isn't urgent anyway, I'll get around to cleaning that
up later. Thanks for your help tracing this.

Dave.