2001-12-20 12:44:48

by Samuel Maftoul

Subject: NFS > 2Gb

Hello,
I didn't find anywhere a clear explication on the question:
Does linux support large file over NFS v3 ?
Does it works with a solaris server and linux client ?

Sam

2001-12-20 13:36:04

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: NFS > 2Gb

> Hello, I didn't find anywhere a clear explication on the
> question: Does linux support large file over NFS v3 ? Does it

Clear explanation:

2.2.x
No

2.4.x
Yes *if* the server supports large files, and *if* the exported
filesystem supports large files.

> works with a solaris server and linux client ?

See above.

Cheers,
Trond

2001-12-20 16:43:33

by Andrea Arcangeli

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 02:35:32PM +0100, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> > Hello, I didn't find anywhere a clear explication on the
> > question: Does linux support large file over NFS v3 ? Does it
>
> Clear explanation:
>
> 2.2.x
> No

btw, 2.2aa yes.

ftp://ftp.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/kernels/v2.2/2.2.20aa1.bz2

Andrea