2002-01-10 06:44:24

by Anuradha Ratnaweera

Subject: [ANNOUNCE] KernelConf

I have just uploaded a (very pre alpha) snapshot of my new
kernel configuration system to

http://www.bee.lk/people/anuradha/kernelconf/kernelconf.tar.gz
http://www.lklug.pdn.ac.lk/~anuradha/kernelconf/kernelconf.tar.gz

Ttyconfig is just beginning to get functional.

Cheers,

Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.16-xfs)

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.
-- Lao Tsu

2002-01-18 16:46:23

by Pavel Machek

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] KernelConf

Hi!

> I have just uploaded a (very pre alpha) snapshot of my new
> kernel configuration system to
>
> http://www.bee.lk/people/anuradha/kernelconf/kernelconf.tar.gz
> http://www.lklug.pdn.ac.lk/~anuradha/kernelconf/kernelconf.tar.gz
>
> Ttyconfig is just beginning to get functional.

How is it related to CML2?
Pavel

by Anuradha Ratnaweera

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 06:08:25AM +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > I have just uploaded a (very pre alpha) snapshot of my new
> > kernel configuration system to
> >
> > http://www.bee.lk/people/anuradha/kernelconf/kernelconf.tar.gz
> > http://www.lklug.pdn.ac.lk/~anuradha/kernelconf/kernelconf.tar.gz
> >
> > Ttyconfig is just beginning to get functional.
>
> How is it related to CML2?

It isn't. It is an entirely new system. I'd love to write a CML2 compiler in
C, but it doesn't look like a viable alternative.

Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.17)

The best you get is an even break.
-- Franklin Adams

2002-01-22 09:16:06

by Max

And what if to write in C with lex and yacc. IMHO it is very easy
and beautiful to write, using them. Or the problem is maingly
in creating compiller itself.

Best regards.

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:

> It isn't. It is an entirely new system. I'd love to write a CML2 compiler in
> C, but it doesn't look like a viable alternative.
>
> Anuradha

2002-01-23 10:27:44

by Anuradha Ratnaweera

On Tue, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:16:48PM +0000, ertzog wrote:

> And what if to write in C with lex and yacc. IMHO it is very easy and
> beautiful to write, using them. Or the problem is maingly in creating
> compiller itself.

So, give it a try and see ;)

I have come up with a simpler system. Have got the next snapshot worked out
which is nearly usable. Will be releasing it in a day or two.

Anuradha

NB: I am in the middle of my undergrad exams, but can't help compromising that
for Linux ;)

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.16-xfs)

'Ooohh.. "FreeBSD is faster over loopback, when compared to Linux
over the wire". Film at 11.'
-- Linus Torvalds