2002-01-11 13:53:28

by Michael Zhu

Subject: Re: About block device request function

On Thu, Jan 10 2002, Jens Axboe wrote:

> Read drivers/block/ll_rw_blk.c:blk_get_queue() -- >
> either a driver uses
> the statically allocated per-major queue, or it > >
> provides its own and
> defines a get_queue function to return it.
>
> You are still heading in the wrong direction :/

You mean that I am still in the wrong direction? I
need to use the loop device to implement my project?
Can you give me the right directions? Thank you very
much.

Regards,

Michael

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca

2002-01-11 13:57:54

by Jens Axboe

On Fri, Jan 11 2002, Michael Zhu wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10 2002, Jens Axboe wrote:
> >
> > Read drivers/block/ll_rw_blk.c:blk_get_queue() -- >
> > either a driver uses
> > the statically allocated per-major queue, or it > >
> > provides its own and
> > defines a get_queue function to return it.
> >
> > You are still heading in the wrong direction :/
>
> You mean that I am still in the wrong direction? I
> need to use the loop device to implement my project?

For the 3rd time, yes!

> Can you give me the right directions? Thank you very
> much.

Look at the internation crypto patches for loop, there are oodles of
examples for you to look at.

--
Jens Axboe