2002-01-24 22:48:03

by H. Peter Anvin

Subject: If you haven't seen it yet...

If you haven't noticed yet, there are two new links on the kernel.org
front page: V and VI (View and View Incremental.) Both take you to a
diff viewer application and display the full diff and incremental diff
(when available), respectively.

-hpa
--
<[email protected]> at work, <[email protected]> in private!
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt <[email protected]>

2002-01-25 02:11:07

by Erik Andersen

Subject: Re: If you haven't seen it yet...

On Thu Jan 24, 2002 at 02:47:41PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> If you haven't noticed yet, there are two new links on the kernel.org
> front page: V and VI (View and View Incremental.) Both take you to a
> diff viewer application and display the full diff and incremental diff
> (when available), respectively.

Wonderful, thanks! Adding diffstat output would also be very
nice so I can easily see if the stuff I'm messing with is or
isn't changed,

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/

by Skip Ford

2002-01-25 16:45:23

by H. Peter Anvin

Skip Ford wrote:

2002-01-25 20:12:27

by Dave Jones

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Skip Ford wrote:

> Maybe you could rename the file to 'patch-2.5.3-pre4-pre5.html' then
> since it's an html file and it's not compressed.

http://www.kernel.org/diff/diffview.cgi?file=/pub/linux/kernel/v2.5/testing/incr/patch-2.5.3-pre4-pre5.gz
hint: filename ends here ^^^
the remainder is a parameter to that script.

--
| Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk
| SuSE Labs

2002-01-25 20:59:41