2002-02-08 01:59:04

by Skip Ford

Subject: Re: Alpha update for 2.5.3

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Second comment, some of the bits in your patch are in 2.5.3-pre3. [but
> drivers/ide/ide-dma.c does not compile for me, unrelated to alpha...]

This patch Jens posted seems to fix it.

--
Skip

Attachments:
(No filename) (219.00 B)
ide-dma.patch (779.00 B)

by Andre Hedrick

That code path will go away!
That is a diagnostic path only.

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Skip Ford wrote:

> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >
> > Second comment, some of the bits in your patch are in 2.5.3-pre3. [but
> > drivers/ide/ide-dma.c does not compile for me, unrelated to alpha...]
>
> This patch Jens posted seems to fix it.
>
> --
> Skip

Andre Hedrick
Linux Disk Certification Project Linux ATA Development

2002-02-08 04:08:57

by Skip Ford

Andre Hedrick wrote:

> That code path will go away!
> That is a diagnostic path only.

Sorry Jeff, and others, if that's the wrong patch. It fixed the compile
error for ide-dma so I used it. I still haven't been able to test it
due to link errors with bus_to_virt.

So if Andre is saying don't use it, then don't. My apologies.

--
Skip

2002-02-08 09:33:28

by Jens Axboe

On Thu, Feb 07 2002, Skip Ford wrote:
> Andre Hedrick wrote:
> >
> > That code path will go away!
> > That is a diagnostic path only.
>
> Sorry Jeff, and others, if that's the wrong patch. It fixed the compile
> error for ide-dma so I used it. I still haven't been able to test it
> due to link errors with bus_to_virt.

The patch is correct, I'm the one to blame for forgetting to push that.
And as I stated in my original mail, in the future it will be gone.
However, it still needs to compile right now :-)

> So if Andre is saying don't use it, then don't. My apologies.

No need to apologise, the patch does the right thing.

--
Jens Axboe