2002-03-15 05:39:40

by Eric Miao

Subject: Intel IXP1200 and Linux

Hi, everybody,

I have problems to run linux from IXA SDK 2.01 onto
an old IXP1200 evaluation board (not IXM1200 board).
I made some config changes, but it does not boot.
The following is my modifications

.config:
CONFIG_SPECTACLE_ISLAND --> CONFIG_EVAL_BOARD
arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile:
ZTEXTADDR <- 0xc0808000
arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.S:
0xc4004000->0xc0804000 for page table address

drivers/char/serial_ixp1200.c:
38400->9600 for DEFAULT_BAUD

Can anyone figure out which changes I also need to
make?

Thank you

http://sports.yahoo.com/

2002-03-15 13:42:14

by Josh Fryman

Subject: Re: Intel IXP1200 and Linux

> I have problems to run linux from IXA SDK 2.01 onto
> an old IXP1200 evaluation board (not IXM1200 board).

this is your problem. SDK 2.01 contains the kernel reworked for the
RadiSys board ("bridalveil/SI"). the original EVB with dual gigF
and 8x 10/100TX doesn't work with this source.

use the source instead from the netwinder.org site with the original
intel IXP1200 how-to information. (also, getting support on LKML for
the unofficial patches to make IXP1200 work isn't too likely :)
you'll note that the kernel is pre-2.4.0. ancient history. these
patches have not been incorporated in the main kernel...)

the SDK 2.x series is commented for the changes made from the
original how-to release, and massaging #ifdef's in the code _should_
fix it, but seems not to. i haven't done an exhaustive diff to see
where else changes have been made.

-josh

2002-03-15 14:40:32

by Nicolas Pitre

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Miao Qingjun wrote:

> Hi, everybody,
>
> I have problems to run linux from IXA SDK 2.01 onto
> an old IXP1200 evaluation board (not IXM1200 board).
> I made some config changes, but it does not boot.

Please have a look at:

http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-announce/2002-March/index.html

Nicolas