2002-03-19 14:35:25

by Sebastian Droege

Subject: [2.5.6-dj2] MCE reports 2 non fatal incidents on CPU0 every 2 seconds

Hi,
What exactly is the meaning of these 2 messages?
MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident occured on CPU 0.
Bank 0: 1000000000000000
MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident occured on CPU 0.
Bank 4: 2200000000000011

I get them right after boot and every 2 seconds
Is my CPU (it's an 3 year-old P-II 350 running 24/7) dying or what's up?

Bye

Attachments:
(No filename) (189.00 B)

2002-03-18 23:27:08

by Dave Jones

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 07:38:16PM +0100, Sebastian Droege wrote:

> What exactly is the meaning of these 2 messages?
> MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident occured on CPU 0.
> Bank 0: 1000000000000000
> MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident occured on CPU 0.
> Bank 4: 2200000000000011
>
> I get them right after boot and every 2 seconds
> Is my CPU (it's an 3 year-old P-II 350 running 24/7) dying or what's up?

It may mean I'm having a bad month hacking the mce code, I'll look
into this later... Might be the same dumb mistake as last time
(works on Athlon but Intel behaves differently perhaps)