2002-03-25 13:10:53

by Bryon Roche

Subject: [RFC] PPC syscalls for XFS

To whom it may concern, I'd like to get some PPC syscalls reserved for
XFS xattr support, with syscalls #226-#237 to the xattr support; this is
the same position and range that is used for these syscalls on i386.
--
If You Can't Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them With Bullets.
**

Attachments:
(No filename) (363.00 B)
(No filename) (240.00 B)

by Tom Rini

Subject: Re: [RFC] PPC syscalls for XFS

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 07:10:32AM -0600, Kain wrote:

> To whom it may concern, I'd like to get some PPC syscalls reserved for
> XFS xattr support, with syscalls #226-#237 to the xattr support; this is
> the same position and range that is used for these syscalls on i386.

Try sending this to [email protected]. Also, aren't these
already done in 2.5, where iirc, the x86 syscalls are as well?

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

2002-03-25 22:18:44

by Nathan Scott

hi,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 07:10:32AM -0600, Kain wrote:

> To whom it may concern, I'd like to get some PPC syscalls reserved for
> XFS xattr support, with syscalls #226-#237 to the xattr support; this is
> the same position and range that is used for these syscalls on i386.

Syscall numbers already exist for PPC, see the 2.5 tree (the numbers
you've suggested are not the same, btw, so should not be used). Also,
in case its unclear; use of 'x' in xattr stands for eXtended, not Xfs,
as your "Subject:" line suggests.

Marcelo - attached is the 2.4 backport of this again, it didn't seem
to make it into 2.4.19[-pre3/4], when last I forwarded it on.

cheers.

--
Nathan

Attachments: