2002-03-29 19:25:08

by David Rees

Subject: Changelog for 2.2.20?

Where can I find a Changelog for 2.2.20? I can't seem to find it anywhere
on kernel.org.

Thanks,
Dave

2002-03-29 19:44:12

by Alan

Subject: Re: Changelog for 2.2.20?

> Where can I find a Changelog for 2.2.20? I can't seem to find it anywhere
> on kernel.org.

For non US citizens its available on http://www.thefreeworld.net

Alan

2002-03-29 19:54:22

by David Rees

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 08:00:27PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Where can I find a Changelog for 2.2.20? I can't seem to find it anywhere
> > on kernel.org.
>
> For non US citizens its available on http://www.thefreeworld.net

Oh yeah, now I remember the fiasco behind it.

Thanks,
Dave

2002-03-30 01:20:40

by Rasmus Bøg Hansen

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Where can I find a Changelog for 2.2.20? I can't seem to find it anywhere
> > on kernel.org.
>
> For non US citizens its available on http://www.thefreeworld.net

I am so really sorry to ask, but I simply do not understand...

How can it be that the patch is US-compatible, but the Changelog is not?

After all the Changelog is a summary of the changes in the patch...

Regards
Rasmus

--
-- [ Rasmus "M?ffe" B?g Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
When you have multiple CPUs with one interrupt controller, you don't

2002-03-30 01:31:51

by Mike Fedyk

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 02:20:21AM +0100, Rasmus B?g Hansen wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > Where can I find a Changelog for 2.2.20? I can't seem to find it anywhere
> > > on kernel.org.
> >
> > For non US citizens its available on http://www.thefreeworld.net
>
> I am so really sorry to ask, but I simply do not understand...
>
> How can it be that the patch is US-compatible, but the Changelog is not?
>
> After all the Changelog is a summary of the changes in the patch...

Basically, the politicians can't read the patch, but they might be able to
understand the summary...

Also, in many cases the change that fixes the security hole doesn't make
exploit ideas obvious. While many times the security report includes the
expliot itself.