2002-04-18 00:04:51

by Lee Chin

Subject: binding a process to a processor

Hi
How do I bind a user process to a processor?

Thanks
Lee

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

2002-04-18 00:10:19

by Robert Love

Subject: Re: binding a process to a processor

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 20:04, Lee Chin wrote:
> How do I bind a user process to a processor?

In 2.5, there is the system call sched_setaffinity. It is rather new so
your libraries do not support it - see example code and headers at:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml/cpu-affinity

For 2.4, there is not yet such an interface. At the above URL, you can
find a proc-based and a syscall-based interface for setting and
retrieving affinity.

Robert Love