2002-04-20 16:03:30

by David Woodhouse

Subject: BK patches exported.

For the benefit of the BK haters, or more to the point for my benefit to
shut up the occasional whinging I've heard about needing to use BK to get
at the very latest patches from Linus' tree...

http://www.kernel.org/~dwmw2/bk-2.5/

It should be updated every hour on the hour, and has the last week's worth
of changesets exported as patches.

--
dwmw2

2002-04-20 16:20:23

by Sebastian Droege

Subject: Re: BK patches exported.

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:03:29 +0100
David Woodhouse <[email protected]> wrote:

> For the benefit of the BK haters, or more to the point for my benefit to
> shut up the occasional whinging I've heard about needing to use BK to get
> at the very latest patches from Linus' tree...
>
> http://www.kernel.org/~dwmw2/bk-2.5/
>
> It should be updated every hour on the hour, and has the last week's worth
> of changesets exported as patches.
>
> --
> dwmw2
Yeah nice but is it somehow possible to create one big patch including all changes automatical?
It's much work to download all the 10000 changesets one by one ;(

Bye

Attachments:
(No filename) (189.00 B)

2002-04-20 18:11:56

by Rik van Riel

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, David Woodhouse wrote:

> For the benefit of the BK haters, or more to the point for my benefit to
> shut up the occasional whinging I've heard about needing to use BK to get
> at the very latest patches from Linus' tree...
>
> http://www.kernel.org/~dwmw2/bk-2.5/

I've created one of these two, with both 2.4 and 2.5, containing
all changesets from 2.4.0:

ftp://nl.linux.org/pub/linux/bk2patch/{v2.4,v2.5}

regards,

Rik

by David Woodhouse

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Sebastian Droege wrote:

> Yeah nice but is it somehow possible to create one big patch including
> all changes automatical? It's much work to download all the 10000
> changesets one by one ;(

Done.

--
dwmw2

2002-04-20 22:18:46

by Erik Andersen

On Sat Apr 20, 2002 at 05:03:29PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> For the benefit of the BK haters, or more to the point for my benefit to
> shut up the occasional whinging I've heard about needing to use BK to get
> at the very latest patches from Linus' tree...
>
> http://www.kernel.org/~dwmw2/bk-2.5/
>
> It should be updated every hour on the hour, and has the last week's worth
> of changesets exported as patches.

You rock, this is great! Any chance you could setup the same for
kernel 2.4 as well for those watching the bleeding edge of the
stable tree?

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/

by David Woodhouse

[email protected] said:
> You rock, this is great! Any chance you could setup the same for
> kernel 2.4 as well for those watching the bleeding edge of the stable
> tree?

Done. This one updates at five past the hour.

--
dwmw2

2002-04-21 16:25:20

by Richard Gooch

David Woodhouse writes:
> For the benefit of the BK haters, or more to the point for my benefit to
> shut up the occasional whinging I've heard about needing to use BK to get
> at the very latest patches from Linus' tree...
>
> http://www.kernel.org/~dwmw2/bk-2.5/
>
> It should be updated every hour on the hour, and has the last week's
> worth of changesets exported as patches.

PLEASE STOP!!! Your hourly empty updates trigger the mirror system,
which in turn causes hundreds of mirror sites around the world to do
an rsync. It's very wasteful.

Regards,

Richard....
Permanent: [email protected]