2002-04-22 08:57:10

by Adam Kaczynski

Subject: HDLC driver for MPC860-based hardware

Hello,
As a part of the bigger project being developed in DGT-LAB (the NETX), I
have written a HDLC driver for our proprietary Motorola MPC860T-based
board. We are not going to integrate this software with the main Linux
source tree, but this software is released under GPL as a loadable
module for 2.4.18 Linux kernel. The current version is a mature test
version.
The sources and documentation are available at:
<http://www.dgt-lab.com.pl/Serwis/mpc860hdlc.tar.gz>
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact me:
<mailto:[email protected]>
Adam Kaczynski

2002-04-22 11:34:48

by Francois Romieu

Subject: Re: HDLC driver for MPC860-based hardware

Greetings,

- please, please, please read Documentation/CodingStyle
- kmalloc can fail
- cache seems to be disabled (?) for pages you memcpy later -> why ?
- if register_hdlc_device() fails for some device, the succeeded one are
deallocated but not unregistered
- alloc_mem() doesn't deallocate on failure
- goto may help handling failure

--
Ueimor