2002-04-28 21:19:29

by Pavel Machek

Subject: First working version of suspend-to-RAM

Hi!

Seems that suspend-to-ram needs stopping all processes, too. I had to
combine S3 patches with swsusp to make it possible. That means that
you get suspend-to-disk for free with the bundle ;-).
Pavel
--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa

Attachments:
(No filename) (373.00 B)
combined.2.diff#gz (35.91 kB)

by Stelian Pop

Subject: Re: First working version of suspend-to-RAM

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 11:17:54PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Seems that suspend-to-ram needs stopping all processes, too. I had to
> combine S3 patches with swsusp to make it possible. That means that
> you get suspend-to-disk for free with the bundle ;-).

Could you please reread Documentation/SubmittingPatches, especially
these 2 points:
* No MIME, no links, no compression, no attachments. Just plain text.
* usage of 'dontdiff'

I'm sure this will help people try out your patch and give you
feedback...

Thanks,

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <[email protected]>
Alcove - http://www.alcove.com

2002-04-29 10:03:14

by Alan

> Could you please reread Documentation/SubmittingPatches, especially
> these 2 points:
> * No MIME, no links, no compression, no attachments. Just plain text.
> * usage of 'dontdiff'

Thats just Linus preference. A lot of us prefer to get stuff in attachments
because that way there is a reasonable chance their mailer won't have
eaten it

2002-04-29 10:05:46

by Stelian Pop

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:21:18AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Could you please reread Documentation/SubmittingPatches, especially
> > these 2 points:
> > * No MIME, no links, no compression, no attachments. Just plain text.
> > * usage of 'dontdiff'
>
> Thats just Linus preference.

Agreed, but only for the MIME part.

> A lot of us prefer to get stuff in attachments
> because that way there is a reasonable chance their mailer won't have
> eaten it

MIME or not, I still prefer having an uncompressed patch attached.

But the most important comment was the 'dontdiff' one however...

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <[email protected]>
Alcove - http://www.alcove.com

2002-04-29 10:10:26

by David Miller

From: Alan Cox <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:21:18 +0100 (BST)

> Could you please reread Documentation/SubmittingPatches, especially
> these 2 points:
> * No MIME, no links, no compression, no attachments. Just plain text.
> * usage of 'dontdiff'

Thats just Linus preference.

And also a DaveM preference. :-)