2002-06-18 06:41:05

by Felipe Contreras

Subject: Weird make bug in 2.5.22

Hi,

I have this problem when running 2.5.22, make can't run itself inside a
Makefile.

Let's say I have this Makefile:
test:
( make -v )

It fails saying this:
( make -v )
make: *** [test] Error 139

I don't have any idea about what can be causing this error, might be something
to do with reiserfs...

Any ideas?

--
Felipe Contreras

2002-06-18 06:43:15

by Teodor Iacob

Subject: Re: Weird make bug in 2.5.22

139 return code means that the process that make was running
crashed with signal 11 ( 128 + 11 ) Segmentation Fault so
perhaps you have some other kind of problems? like a faulty machine?

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 01:40:56AM -0500, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this problem when running 2.5.22, make can't run itself inside a
> Makefile.
>
> Let's say I have this Makefile:
> test:
> ( make -v )
>
> It fails saying this:
> ( make -v )
> make: *** [test] Error 139
>
> I don't have any idea about what can be causing this error, might be something
> to do with reiserfs...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Felipe Contreras
> -

Teo

2002-06-19 07:01:47

by Felipe Contreras

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 09:45:26AM +0300, Teodor Iacob wrote:
> 139 return code means that the process that make was running
> crashed with signal 11 ( 128 + 11 ) Segmentation Fault so
> perhaps you have some other kind of problems? like a faulty machine?

If you consider a "faulty machine" a development one, then yes, I have one. I
have glibc-2.2.5 gcc-3.1 linux-2.5.23, but that shouldn't matter I want to know
what's causing this and I'll like to fix it.

I'm pretty sure this started with linux-2.5.19, might be it has something to do
with forking, might be it's a make bug, but I think something is wrong here.

--
Felipe Contreras