2002-07-03 17:35:54

by Kareem Dana

Subject: SiS645DX Chipset and agpgart support

Hello,

I have an ASUS P4S533 motherboard with the sis645dx chipset. I need agpgart support for dri to work correctly, so in my kernel I enabled agpgart support (made the /dev entry) and enabled Generic SiS Chipset support under it.

When my kernel boots up it complains "Unsupported SiS chipset (device id: 0646), you might want to try agp_try_unsupported=1. no supported devices found."

Is the 645dx chipset completely unsupported? It is fairly popular. I believe it uses the same agp controller as the regular sis 645. Is that unsupported as well?

btw, I am using kernel 2.4.18

Thanks,
Kareem

2002-07-04 13:31:20

by Bruce Harada

Subject: Re: SiS645DX Chipset and agpgart support

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:38:29 -0400
Kareem Dana <[email protected]> wrote:

> When my kernel boots up it complains "Unsupported SiS chipset (device id:
> 0646), you might want to try agp_try_unsupported=1. no supported devices
> found."
>
> Is the 645dx chipset completely unsupported? It is fairly popular. I believe
> it uses the same agp controller as the regular sis 645. Is that unsupported
> as well?

Have you tried entering agp_try_unsupported=1 at the boot prompt, as the
message suggested?