2002-07-18 14:10:20

by Bernd Schubert

Subject: stale nfs errors on proc

Hi,

sometimes we get stale nfs errors with proc files. Mostly this happens with
sshd (remote ssh login is not possible in this case), on trying to kill the
sshd server by killall -15 sshd, we get something like this (I have forgotten
the exact syntax): stale nfs error on /proc/nn/EXE

A killall -9 sshd works fine.

Best Regards,

Bernd

2002-07-18 14:12:13

by Bernd Schubert

Subject: Re: stale nfs errors on proc

On Thursday 18 July 2002 16:13, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sometimes we get stale nfs errors with proc files. Mostly this happens with
> sshd (remote ssh login is not possible in this case), on trying to kill the
> sshd server by killall -15 sshd, we get something like this (I have
> forgotten the exact syntax): stale nfs error on /proc/nn/EXE
>
> A killall -9 sshd works fine.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Bernd

Oh, I forgot, happens with 2.4.{17,18} kernel version.