2002-07-26 18:21:23

by Matt Simonsen

Subject: How to mount "multimedia" audio cdroms

Is there a way to mount multimedia audio cds under Linux so that instead
of the .inf file and video you can listen to the audio tracks?

Thanks
Matt

2002-07-26 18:23:20

by Matt Simonsen

Subject: Re: How to mount "multimedia" audio cdroms

Is there a way to mount multimedia audio cds under Linux so that instead
of the .inf file and video you can listen to the audio tracks?

Thanks
Matt

PS - I am very sorry if this was received twice, I don't think my first
email will be allowed through (wrong address).

2002-07-27 03:48:17

by Paul

Matt Simonsen <[email protected]>, on Fri Jul 26, 2002 [11:26:55 AM] said:
> Is there a way to mount multimedia audio cds under Linux so that instead
> of the .inf file and video you can listen to the audio tracks?
>
> Thanks
> Matt

Hi;

I dont know if this will do what you want, or no. I also
dont know how active it is...

http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/

Paul
[email protected]

---
CDfs is a file system for Linux systems that `exports' all tracks
and boot images on a CD as normal files. These files can then be
mounted (e.g. for ISO and boot images), copied, played (audio and
VideoCD tracks)... The primary goal for developing this file
system was to `unlock' information
in old ISO images. For instance, if you have a multisession CD
with two ISO images that both contain the file 'a', you only see
the file 'a' in the second session if you use the iso9660 file
system:
---