2002-07-29 06:17:48

by zhengchuanbo

Subject: can the driver e100 be applied in 2.4?

in linux2.5 there is a new driver e100 to replace eepro100. is e100 better than eepro100 in performance such as throughput? and can the driver e100 be applied in 2.4?
please cc. thanks.

regards,
chuanbo zheng

by Jason Lunz

Subject: Re: can the driver e100 be applied in 2.4?

In gmane.linux.kernel, you wrote:
> in linux2.5 there is a new driver e100 to replace eepro100. is e100
> better than eepro100 in performance such as throughput? and can the
> driver e100 be applied in 2.4?

There's a patch to put the e100 driver in 2.4 at
http://gtf.org/lunz/linux/net/. There is currently no NAPI support for
that driver.

--
Jason Lunz Reflex Security
[email protected] http://www.reflexsecurity.com/

2002-07-31 03:08:21

by Bill Davidsen

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, zhengchuanbo wrote:

> in linux2.5 there is a new driver e100 to replace eepro100. is e100 better than eepro100 in performance such as throughput? and can the driver e100 be applied in 2.4?
> please cc. thanks.

You should be able to pull the code from Intel and compile it for your 2.4
kernel. I have done that, and it was so free of tricks all I remember is
the compile and 'make install.' I have not tried the 2.5 code, I got the
Intel source.

--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc