2002-08-02 10:57:41

by Michael Knigge

Subject: Console scrolling in kernel 2.4.xx

Hi all,

I have a IGEL Etherminal C Thin Client (that's a "real" computer with
a Cyrix Media GX CPU, and nearly everything you need on board: LAN,
ser, par and VGA).

With Linux 2.2.xxx there are no problems, but with Kernels 2.4.xx
scrolling doesn't work :-((((

If the kernel boots the screen is filled up with kernel-messages. If
it reached the last line, the screen isn't scrolled up (but booting
continues - if Linux is up I can telnet to this box).....

Any ideas? How can I help to find the bug (ehem, if it is one)....

Thanks
Michael

2002-08-02 11:57:32

by Alan

Subject: Re: Console scrolling in kernel 2.4.xx

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 12:01, Michael Knigge wrote:
> With Linux 2.2.xxx there are no problems, but with Kernels 2.4.xx
> scrolling doesn't work :-((((

That sounds like you may have very old VSA1 firmware in the BIOS. Does
it behave if you enable the VESA console and boot with a vesa bios
framebuffer set ?