2002-08-06 14:09:30

by Bernd Schubert

Subject: clear dentry and inode cache

Hi,

is there a a way to clear the dentry and inode cache via proc interface ?

Sometimes all the clients of our groups have problems with stale nfs file
handles (and currently also UNFSD/ClusterNFS problems, though this will
finish soon), and we (the admins) think that this could be solved by clearing
the cache -- please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut

2002-08-06 17:48:47

by Hanna Linder

Subject: Re: clear dentry and inode cache

--On Tuesday, August 06, 2002 16:12:58 +0200 Bernd Schubert <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a a way to clear the dentry and inode cache via proc interface ?

Have you looked at 'bdflush'? That might help.

Hanna