2002-08-15 06:37:24

by Billy Tiemann

Subject: 2.5.30/2.5.31 wont compile if you enable frame buffer for voodoo3 cards

I was recompiling my router tonight and decided to compile in frame
buffer support since I hate the standard 640x480 screen. Though low and
behold it fails at the final link with the error of:

built-in.o:
local symbols in discarded section .text.exit

Once I removed that from my config it compiled cleanly, once I reboot
with this kernel I am going to get the exact error and reply to this
post.. be back in a few...

Billy Tiemann
--
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change."

Attachments:
(No filename) (697.00 B)
config_without_fb (19.43 kB)
Download all attachments