2002-09-05 16:56:29

by Zephaniah E. Hull

Subject: agpgart in 2.4.20-pre4+ causes spontaneous reboots.

The subject says most of it, on my box loading agpgart seems to be a
nice way to abruptly reboot my box.

It is not happening in pre1, so my guess is that the cache changes are
doing it.

My box is a TBird 1GHz 200FSB, SiS735 chipset for a K7S5A motherboard.

This happens /without/ the nVidia kernel models loaded. (In fact, the
nVidia agpgart works fine.)

The video card is a GeForce 2 GTS with 32M of ram.

Attached is the full output of lspci -v, .config, and dmesg output from
a boot where the agpgart is /not/ loaded.

If any more details are needed please let me know.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <[email protected]>
92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D 5727 4453 008B E65A 7801