2002-09-06 09:49:41

by Oktay Akbal

Subject: qlogic failover multipath

Hello,

we do have some Problems with some qlogic 2202f fibrechannel card.
When trying to use failover via plugging out some cable or using
qlogics sansurfer to set an alternate path, there seem to be no errors,
but everything works extremly slow and does not recover.

This was used with driver 6.0b23 as from suse kernel 2.4.18.

When trying 6.1b2 or b5 the disks get recognized as multiple scsi-disks,
is this wanted for use with md multipath personality ?
Is there a way to enable previos behavior ?

Please reply also to me directly.

Thanks

Oktay Akbal

2002-09-06 16:17:20

by Mike Anderson

Subject: Re: qlogic failover multipath

Oktay Akbal [[email protected]] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we do have some Problems with some qlogic 2202f fibrechannel card.
> When trying to use failover via plugging out some cable or using
> qlogics sansurfer to set an alternate path, there seem to be no errors,
> but everything works extremly slow and does not recover.
>
> This was used with driver 6.0b23 as from suse kernel 2.4.18.
>
> When trying 6.1b2 or b5 the disks get recognized as multiple scsi-disks,
> is this wanted for use with md multipath personality ?
> Is there a way to enable previos behavior ?

You can edit the qla_settings.h file and set MPIO_SUPPORT to 1 or I
believe if you use the qla2x00src-v6.1b5-fo archive that this should
already be set to 1.

-Mike
--
Michael Anderson

by Oktay Akbal

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Mike Anderson wrote:

> You can edit the qla_settings.h file and set MPIO_SUPPORT to 1 or I
> believe if you use the qla2x00src-v6.1b5-fo archive that this should
> already be set to 1.

Thank you, I will try at Monday. It is set to 0 in b5.
But my archive is named: qla2x00src-v6.1b5.tgz
-fo seems to come only from enabling MPIO ?

Oktay Akbal

2002-09-13 22:31:04

by Andrew Vasquez

On Sat, 07 Sep 2002, Oktay Akbal wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Mike Anderson wrote:
>
> > You can edit the qla_settings.h file and set MPIO_SUPPORT to 1 or I
> > believe if you use the qla2x00src-v6.1b5-fo archive that this should
> > already be set to 1.
>
> Thank you, I will try at Monday. It is set to 0 in b5.
> But my archive is named: qla2x00src-v6.1b5.tgz
> -fo seems to come only from enabling MPIO ?

The only functional difference between the -fo package referenced by
Mike Anderson and the non-fo (qla2x00src-v6.1b5.tgz) available from
the QLogic download site is:

o MPIO_SUPPORT always set to 1
o Different README files.

Thus, multipathing support can be enabled with standard package.

Andrew Vasquez | [email protected] |
I prefer an accomidating vice to an obstinate virtue
DSS: 0x508316BB, FP: 79BD 4FAC 7E82 FF70 6C2B 7E8B 168F 5529 5083 16BB