2002-10-02 17:23:42

by Andrew Walrond

Subject: Serverworks IDE driver broken in 2.5.40

With the driver built-in, the drives are not recognised. Built as a
module, it crashes on loading.

However I can see everything fine with the generic IDE driver

Works fine in 2.4.19+

2002-10-02 17:57:00

by Tomas Szepe

Subject: Re: Serverworks IDE driver broken in 2.5.40

> With the driver built-in, the drives are not recognised. Built as a
> module, it crashes on loading.
>
> However I can see everything fine with the generic IDE driver
>
> Works fine in 2.4.19+

Erm. You actually meant to say works fine in 2.4.19+ *on certain
chipsets.*

T.

2002-10-02 18:26:42

by Mathiasen, Torben

On Wed, Oct 02 2002, Andrew Walrond wrote:
> With the driver built-in, the drives are not recognised. Built as a
> module, it crashes on loading.
>
> However I can see everything fine with the generic IDE driver
>
> Works fine in 2.4.19+

Which serverworks chipset are you using?

Torben

2002-10-02 21:10:49

by Andrew Walrond

Which chipset are you using?

Tomas Szepe wrote:

>>With the driver built-in, the drives are not recognised. Built as a
>>module, it crashes on loading.
>>
>>However I can see everything fine with the generic IDE driver
>>
>>Works fine in 2.4.19+
>>

>Erm. You actually meant to say works fine in 2.4.19+ *on certain
>chipsets.*
>
>T.
>-
>the body of a message to [email protected]

by Andrew Walrond

RCC Champion South Bridge 5.0 (CSB5)

on the Asus PR-DLS dual xeon m/b.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Torben Mathiasen wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 02 2002, Andrew Walrond wrote:
>

>>With the driver built-in, the drives are not recognised. Built as a
>>module, it crashes on loading.
>>
>>However I can see everything fine with the generic IDE driver
>>
>>Works fine in 2.4.19+
>>

>Which serverworks chipset are you using?
>

>Torben

2002-10-02 21:12:23

by Tomas Szepe

> Which chipset are you using?

CSB5, can't recall the revision number at the moment.
-> only works in very recent -ac.

I posted a success report on this a fortnight ago or so.

T.