2002-10-06 15:28:42

by Dexter Filmore

Subject: will SGI XFS be incorporated?

Are there any talks with SGI to incorporate the XFS patches into the main
kernel? Got some problems here with non-standard kernels like 2.4.20pre8ac3
and such.

Dex

2002-10-06 15:38:20

by Joe Kellner

Subject: Re: will SGI XFS be incorporated?

Quoting Dexter Filmore <[email protected]>:

> Are there any talks with SGI to incorporate the XFS patches into the main
> kernel? Got some problems here with non-standard kernels like 2.4.20pre8ac3
> and such.
>
> Dex
> -

Have you tried Sgi's CVS tree? I've been running it for quite awhile with no
problems whatsoever.

sent via KingsMeade secure webmail http://www.kingsmeadefarm.com

2002-10-06 15:39:52

by jbradford

> Are there any talks with SGI to incorporate the XFS patches into the main
> kernel? Got some problems here with non-standard kernels like 2.4.20pre8ac3
> and such.

XFS was merged in 2.5.36.

No idea if/when it will be merged in to 2.4.x.

John.

2002-10-08 02:03:44

by Joe Kellner

Quoting Dexter Filmore <[email protected]>:

> > Have you tried Sgi's CVS tree? I've been running it for quite awhile with
> no
> > problems whatsoever.
>
> Returns hundreds of "can't find file to patch" errors. My skills won't let
> me
> figure out what's going on there unfortunately. I could have skipped
> patches
> in the Documentation dir, but sure not in ./linux/Makefile
>
> Thx for the hint anyway.
>
> Dex

Did you follow the instructions exactly as detailed on SGI's oss XFS site?

sent via KingsMeade secure webmail http://www.kingsmeadefarm.com