2002-10-07 23:54:51

by Jan-Hinnerk Reichert

Subject: Blinking Keyboard LED after crash?

Hi,

I have had some total crashes on my box without any output to console. The
kernel just started to blink CapsLock and ScrollLock LEDs.

I wasn't able to find any documentation to these error-codes.

I'm using 2.4.19 on an i386 architecture:

CPU: K5PR166
Chipset: PIIX3

I will post more information, if needed.

I just found out that I use the wrong gcc-version 2.95.2 instead of 2.95.3, so
the error will perhaps go away after recompilation.

But I'm still curious about these errorcodes.

Thanks in advance
Jan-Hinnerk

2002-10-10 15:57:14

by Bill Davidsen

Subject: Re: Blinking Keyboard LED after crash?

In article <[email protected]>,
Jan-Hinnerk Reichert <[email protected]> wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I have had some total crashes on my box without any output to console. The
| kernel just started to blink CapsLock and ScrollLock LEDs.
|
| I wasn't able to find any documentation to these error-codes.

Perhaps your kernel is compiled with the option to report problems on
the lights in morse code. No, that's not a joke...
--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc