2002-10-06 22:28:32

by GrandMasterLee

Subject: EVMS is not in 2.5.40, is it?

Just curious, what with all this talk of LVM not working in 2.5.x, and
that EVMS will work in place of it. I'd like to try it to evaluate it,
on 2.5.x, that is, but I don't see it in the kernel ATM.

--The GrandMaster

2002-10-08 12:26:00

by Lars Marowsky-Bree

Subject: Re: EVMS is not in 2.5.40, is it?

On 2002-10-06T17:33:56,
GrandMasterLee <[email protected]> said:

> Just curious, what with all this talk of LVM not working in 2.5.x, and
> that EVMS will work in place of it. I'd like to try it to evaluate it,
> on 2.5.x, that is, but I don't see it in the kernel ATM.

As you have noticed it is not, but the EVMS team has posted repeatedly where
to find the patches for it.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Br?e <[email protected]>

--
Principal Squirrel
Research and Development, SuSE Linux AG

``Immortality is an adequate definition of high availability for me.''
--- Gregory F. Pfister