2002-11-14 12:01:59

by martin.knoblauch

Subject: [Patch] Prevent crash when loading "cpqfc" with Tachyon XL2 cards (against 2.4.20-rc1-ac1)

Hi,

please apply the appended patch to "drivers/scsi/cpqfcTSinit.c". It
adds a call to "pci_enable_device" which prevents a hard crash when
patch is against 2.4.20-rc1-ac1, but should apply to mainline.

In general, is someone working making the Tachyon XL2 cards really work
with the cpqfc driver? I am very interested in that. It is really sad
to see those 60 FC disks idle when Linux is booted on our rx5670 :-( I
would love to help out with testing and experimenting.

The current problems (after applying this patch are):

- unable to read WWN from NVRAM
- no GBIC found
- no link state
- no disks found