2002-11-29 21:40:40

by Romain Lievin

Subject: Re: kconfig (gkc): patch & help about Makefile

Hi,

> > > and if not too many people complain, it would be far easier for me to send
> > > it on to Linus. :)
> >
> > OK, I will send you a patch as soon as I would have finished to work on the
> > Makefile...
>
> Please post it also to lkml, I'd really prefer to people see it and
> comment on it. Did you have any feed back so far?

Well, I have managed to successfully modify the Makefile. I separated the 2
target as you wanted to. I have written a patch for you and Sam Ravnborg.

Nevertheless, I have a small problem: I did not manage to use gcc rather than
g++ in the Makefile. This has a side effect: libglade can not connect signals
to the GUI (because it uses symbol names for doing the binding and symbol
decoration is not the same between C & C++).
I need help for this problem.

> bye, Roman

Thanks, Romain.
--
Romain Lievin, aka 'roms' <[email protected]>
Web site <http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp>

2002-11-29 22:18:31

by Sam Ravnborg

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 10:48:02PM +0100, Romain Lievin wrote:

> Nevertheless, I have a small problem: I did not manage to use gcc rather than
> g++ in the Makefile.

ifeq ($(MAKECMDGOALS),$(obj)/gkc)
gkc-objs := kconfig_load.o
gkc-cxxobjs := gconf.o
endif

In this part you tell kbuild that gconf.o is made from a .cc file
[implying C++] and g++ will be used.

If your gconf.cc really is a C-file (looks like it) then you only
need one line:
gkc-objs := gconf.o kconfig_load.o

But then you need to rename gconf.cc to gconf.c as well.

I tried to apply your patch, but it failed because I did
not have 'pkg-config'. I guess I need some GTK developer kit?

Sam