2002-12-12 00:58:05

by Thomas Molina

Subject: orinoco_cs not working in 2.5.51

After building 2.5.51 I am still unable to unable to load and configure
drivers for an eth0 wireless interface on my Presario 12XL325 laptop.
The
SMC2632W card works on all 2.4 kernels and 2.5 kernels through 2.5.47
as
previously documented in messages to this list. Nothing after 47 will
load and configure the eth0 device.

Mindful of the unsettled nature of module loading in latter 2.5
versions,
I do a build with modular components and a build with everything built
in.
Rusty Russell's latest module init tools work well with both 2.4 and 2.5
kernels, so I'm skeptical that module loading problems are the cause of
my
problem.

I've included a copy of my dmesg output, together with /proc/interrupts,
and /proc/ioports for the run in question. The output shows orinoco_cs
does a RequestIRQ and gets a resource in use messsage. Running the
dhclient program gives an eth0; no such device message.

Attachments:
dmesg.txt (9.52 kB)

2002-12-12 14:54:56

by John M Flinchbaugh

Subject: Re: orinoco_cs not working in 2.5.51

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 06:56:44PM -0600, Thomas Molina wrote:
> cs: memory probe 0x0c0000-0x0fffff: excluding 0xc0000-0xcbfff
0xe0000-0xfffff
> orinoco_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use

i haven't completely tested my orinoco card with 2.5.51 yet, but i
know i've caused myself the same problems in previous kernels.

make sure you have ISA bus enabled. those 16-bit cards apparently use
ISA. that solved the problem for me before.
--
| [email protected] http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |