2002-12-25 18:42:11

by Nick Kurshev

Subject: [BUG???] EXT3FS+VM86+/dev/mem+pthread=segfault

Hello!

I met the strange problems (SUBJ).
I've found out that mplayerxp causes segfault when I trying
to use vesa outputs. Well, I've really spend a lot of my time
to investigate this problem and found out that this strange
combination is unworking.
Really, when I stay on ext2fs - everything works fine!
when I trying to compile my test code without threads on ext3fs -
everything works fine!
When I use mplayerxp with -vo dga (means: ext3fs+/dev/mem+pthread)
everything works fine!
Thus, if I'm excluding any component from SUBJ then everything works fine!
But not the SUBJ!

I've tried to concentrate this problem within of small project (attached)!
Any ideas please!!!

Btw, does there exists any way to convert ext3fs to ext2fs safely?

WBR! Nick

Attachments:
ext3fs.bug.tar.bz2 (12.80 kB)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Marc Schiffbauer

Subject: Re: [BUG???] EXT3FS+VM86+/dev/mem+pthread=segfault

* Nick Kurshev schrieb am 25.12.02 um 19:54 Uhr:
> Hello!

Hi Nick,

[...]
> Btw, does there exists any way to convert ext3fs to ext2fs safely?

You may try to "mount -t ext2fs" it.

-Marc
Take back the Net! http://www.anti-dmca.org

by Sean Neakums

commence Marc Schiffbauer quotation:

> * Nick Kurshev schrieb am 25.12.02 um 19:54 Uhr:
>> Btw, does there exists any way to convert ext3fs to ext2fs safely?
>>

> You may try to "mount -t ext2fs" it.

s/ext2fs/ext2/

If you wish to *permanently* convert an ext3 volume to ext2, I believe
the way to do it is to first umount it and then run:

# tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/xxx
# fsck -f /dev/xxx

where /dev/xxx is the volume in question.

--
/ |
[|] Sean Neakums | Questions are a burden to others;