2002-12-30 02:06:21

by Martin J. Bligh

Subject: Current unclaimed 2.5 bugs on bugme.osdl.org

We have a growing number of unclaimed bugs on bugme.osdl.org.
These have defaulted back to Khoa or myself, as the category does
not have an owner ... if anyone is interested in working on these,
that'd be a great help. Either just append comments to the bugs,
or contact me and I can reassign them to you if you're going to
work on them real soon (let me know your account name). Some may
be fixed already, and just need confirmation.

Thanks,

Martin.

ID Sev Owner State Result Summary
44 blo [email protected] OPEN radeonfb does not compile at all - seems
incomplete? or w...
48 nor [email protected] OPEN APM suspend and PCMCIA not cooperating
49 nor [email protected] OPEN register_console() called in illegal context
54 nor [email protected] OPEN 100% reproduceable "null TTY for (####) in
tty_fasync"
58 nor [email protected] OPEN OHCI-1394: sleeping function called from
illegal context ...
69 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer bug
72 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolls at the wrong times/places
79 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolling problem
94 nor [email protected] OPEN file remain locked after sapdb process exist.
104 nor [email protected] OPEN MIPS fails to build: asm/thread_info.h doesn't
exist
110 nor [email protected] OPEN Current bk Linux-2.5, VFS Kernel Panic from
Devfs + NO UN...
115 nor [email protected] OPEN Kernel modules won't load
117 nor [email protected] OPEN build failure: arch/ppc/kernel/process.c
118 blo [email protected] OPEN Load IDE-SCSI module causes OOPS in 2.5.49
122 nor [email protected] OPEN emu10k1 OSS troubles
134 nor [email protected] OPEN 2.5.50 breaks pcmcia cards
135 nor [email protected] OPEN SB16/Alsa doesn't work
138 nor [email protected] OPEN Build error: drivers/video/sis/sis_main.h:299:
parse erro...
142 low [email protected] OPEN problem with ver_linux script and procps
version
145 nor [email protected] OPEN ALSA: SB-AWE ISA detection fails
153 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/riscom8.c
154 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/esp.c
155 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/specialix.c
157 hig [email protected] OPEN Makefile bug? sound/synth/emux/built-in.o
158 nor [email protected] OPEN depmod should be in README
159 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
drivers/isdn/i4l/isdn_net_lib.c
161 nor [email protected] OPEN VESAfb in 2.5 somehow influences X
resolution.
162 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
drivers/media/video/bttv-cards.c
167 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
drivers/media/video/zr36120.c
168 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
drivers/media/video/saa7185.c
169 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/media/video/bt819.c
172 nor [email protected] OPEN tdfxfb.c can't be compiled
174 nor [email protected] OPEN link failure in function dvb_generic_ioctl:
undefined ref...
179 nor [email protected] OPEN boot from 21 sec/track floppy
185 low [email protected] OPEN mwave init yields: bad: scheduling while
atomic!
188 nor [email protected] OPEN proc_pid_readdir() holds the tasklist_lock
for excessive ...
189 nor [email protected] OPEN sscanf in lib/vsprintf.c ignores field
width for numeric ...
191 nor [email protected] OPEN Panic on shutdown
193 nor [email protected] OPEN sysrq umount bad ordering (real before loop)
195 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
drivers/media/video/zr36067.c
196 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
drivers/media/video/stradis.c
197 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
drivers/media/video/tda9887.o
202 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
drivers/net/irda/vlsi_ir.c
205 low [email protected] OPEN gpm mouse cursor flips chars on framebuffer
console
206 nor [email protected] OPEN broken colors on framebuffer console
207 blo [email protected] OPEN Cirrus Logic Framebuffer -- Does not compile
209 nor [email protected] OPEN Matrox Framebuffer -- Does not compile

2002-12-30 06:40:11

by William Lee Irwin III

Subject: Re: Current unclaimed 2.5 bugs on bugme.osdl.org

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 06:14:22PM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> 188 nor [email protected] OPEN proc_pid_readdir() holds the tasklist_lock
> for excessive ...

Mine.

Bill

2002-12-30 08:57:36

by Sam Ravnborg

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 06:14:22PM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> 157 hig [email protected] OPEN Makefile bug? sound/synth/emux/built-in.o
Kai G. has a fix for this in his bk-tree.
Will be fixed next time Linus does a pull.

Sam

2002-12-30 12:39:17

by Alan

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 02:14, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> 118 blo [email protected] OPEN Load IDE-SCSI module causes OOPS in 2.5.49

Mine

> 138 nor [email protected] OPEN Build error: drivers/video/sis/sis_main.h:299:
> parse erro...
> 153 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/riscom8.c
> 154 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/esp.c
> 155 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/specialix.c

These three have no maintainer, and will probably not get fixed for a
while - someone has to move them to work queues etc and to do that
someone has to fix the broken tty layer locking in 2.5

> 162 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
> drivers/media/video/bttv-cards.c

Patch has been pending for Linus since about 2.5.50 from Gerd

> 167 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
> drivers/media/video/zr36120.c

Probably won't get fixed for a while yet

> 168 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
> drivers/media/video/saa7185.c

Fixed in -ac I think

> 169 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/media/video/bt819.c

Fixed in -ac I think

> 185 low [email protected] OPEN mwave init yields: bad: scheduling while
> atomic!

I've got a thinkpad so feel free to assign that to me

> 195 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
> drivers/media/video/zr36067.c

Won't get fixed for a while

> 196 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
> drivers/media/video/stradis.c

Needa major work from the maintainer I suspect.
> 197 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
> drivers/media/video/tda9887.o

Fixed in -ac I think

> 202 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on
> drivers/net/irda/vlsi_ir.c

Fixed in -ac

> 205 low [email protected] OPEN gpm mouse cursor flips chars on framebuffer
> console
> 206 nor [email protected] OPEN broken colors on framebuffer console
> 207 blo [email protected] OPEN Cirrus Logic Framebuffer -- Does not compile
> 209 nor [email protected] OPEN Matrox Framebuffer -- Does not compile

Really James Simmons is the person to get all the framebuffer bugs (and
probably by now close a lot of them)

Alan

2002-12-30 13:23:09

by Benjamin Herrenschmidt

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 03:14, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> ID Sev Owner State Result Summary
> 44 blo [email protected] OPEN radeonfb does not compile at all - seems
> incomplete? or w...

Beeing worked on by James Simmons and myself. Working version in the PPC
tree, will be part of next round of fbdev updates

> 69 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer bug
> 72 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolls at the wrong times/places
> 79 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolling problem

I've seen at least some of these discussed on the linux-fbdev mailing
list, though I can't talk for the maintainer, I beleive they are beeing
worked on.

> 117 nor [email protected] OPEN build failure: arch/ppc/kernel/process.c

Works in current ppc bk tree, probably waiting for next round of merges
by Paul Mackerras to Linus.

> --
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email protected]>

2002-12-30 16:54:41

by Martin J. Bligh

>> ID Sev Owner State Result Summary
>> 44 blo [email protected] OPEN radeonfb does not compile at all - seems
>> incomplete? or w...
>
> Beeing worked on by James Simmons and myself. Working version in the PPC
> tree, will be part of next round of fbdev updates
>
>> 69 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer bug
>> 72 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolls at the wrong times/places
>> 79 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolling problem
>
> I've seen at least some of these discussed on the linux-fbdev mailing
> list, though I can't talk for the maintainer, I beleive they are beeing
> worked on.

OK, trouble is I need someone with a bugzilla account to assign these to.
I emailed James, if he doesn't want it, would you be willing to maintain
that subsection in bugzilla?

>> 117 nor [email protected] OPEN build failure: arch/ppc/kernel/process.c
>
> Works in current ppc bk tree, probably waiting for next round of merges
> by Paul Mackerras to Linus.

According to DaveJ, this should be fixed in 51 ... anyone able to test?

M.

2002-12-30 17:06:46

by Dave Jones

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 09:02:58AM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> >>117 nor [email protected] OPEN build failure: arch/ppc/kernel/process.c
> >
> >Works in current ppc bk tree, probably waiting for next round of merges
> >by Paul Mackerras to Linus.
>
> According to DaveJ, this should be fixed in 51 ... anyone able to test?

user_tid isn't referenced there any longer, so the bug should be closed afaics.
If it still doesn't compile, it's likely unrelated to this bug.

Dave

--
| Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk
| SuSE Labs

2002-12-30 18:07:11

by Benjamin Herrenschmidt

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 18:02, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> OK, trouble is I need someone with a bugzilla account to assign these to.
> I emailed James, if he doesn't want it, would you be willing to maintain
> that subsection in bugzilla?

Anything related to radeonfb, atyfb, or endian issues yes. For other fbdev
issues, I can try playing the "gateway" with the appropriate list/maintainer,
though I can't promise doing it very regulary.

Ben.

2002-12-30 21:06:48

by Dave Gilbert (Home)

* Martin J. Bligh ([email protected]) wrote:

> >>117 nor [email protected] OPEN build failure: arch/ppc/kernel/process.c
> >
> >Works in current ppc bk tree, probably waiting for next round of merges
> >by Paul Mackerras to Linus.
>
> According to DaveJ, this should be fixed in 51 ... anyone able to test?

Yep, this bug is not in 53.

Dave
---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /