2003-01-21 21:49:52

by Rene Rebe

Subject: PCMCIA and Adaptec 1460

Hi all.

I use an Adaptec "APA-1460 SCSI Host Adapter" with kernel 2.4.20 and
wonder why the I/O causes that much CPU useage (100% sometimes). Has
PCMCIA no kind of DMA?

My laptop has this cardbus bridge:

00:03.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ6812 Cardbus Controller (rev 05)

I also managed to crash the driver sometimes during SANE/Avision
user-space code development. Nearly complete freeze - but Sysrq does
still work - maybe anyone is interested in an OOPS I might be able to
log via the serial line?

Any ideas?

Thanks
- Ren?

--
Ren? Rebe - Europe/Germany/Berlin
e-mail: [email protected], [email protected]