2003-01-22 04:31:58

by Jules Kongslie

Subject: Cryptoloop in Linux 2.5

I wondering about the status of encrypted loopback support in the 2.5
kernel series. I know crypto-api was merged in, but I haven't been able
to find any pointers about encrypting loopback devices, and I haven't
seen any pointers to this after searching.

It would also be nice to be able to apply encryption to a partition
directly, without a loopback, although I can see that this might require
a new set of ioctls and might introduce some incompatibilities.

Thanks,

-Jules Kongslie
<[email protected]>

Attachments:
(No filename) (512.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by James Morris

Subject: Re: Cryptoloop in Linux 2.5

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Jules Kongslie wrote:

> I wondering about the status of encrypted loopback support in the 2.5
> kernel series. I know crypto-api was merged in, but I haven't been able
> to find any pointers about encrypting loopback devices, and I haven't
> seen any pointers to this after searching.

Adam Richter has been doing some work on porting cryptoloop to the new
API, and I'd guess that it will be fully supported reasonably soon
(discussion has been on cryptoapi-devel).

- James
--
James Morris
<[email protected]>

2003-01-23 09:34:31

by Anders Gustafsson

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 07:14:35PM +1100, James Morris wrote:

> Adam Richter has been doing some work on porting cryptoloop to the new
> API, and I'd guess that it will be fully supported reasonably soon
> (discussion has been on cryptoapi-devel).

Is there some beta or something to test out?

--
Anders Gustafsson - [email protected] - http://0x63.nu/