2003-01-28 14:47:30

by Raphael Schmid

Subject: AW: Bootscreen

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from 3.6.1, which booted fine, to 3.6.2, which stops
> after Tux has waved twice, and winked his left eye.
>
> John
Sounds pretty fun to me!

2003-01-29 10:01:17

by Horst von Brand

Subject: Re: AW: Bootscreen

Raphael Schmid <[email protected]> said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just upgraded from 3.6.1, which booted fine, to 3.6.2, which stops
> > after Tux has waved twice, and winked his left eye.
> >
> > John
> Sounds pretty fun to me!

Right.

Q: It hangs when booting! Just get to see the cute penguin
(whatshisnameagain?)

A: What version of Linux? What exactly did the bird do before hanging? BTW,
his (her?) name is Tux

Q: Oh, yo mean like $BIG_DISTRO 10.7.3? Yep, Tux winked.

A. No, the kernel version... [longish explanation deleted]. And exactly how
many times did he wink? Which wings? Did he waddle about? How many
steps? Did he blink? Did you install wink-blink-boot version 27.3, or
are you still with the older one?

[ad nauseam]

No, thanks. I'd had enough with Aunt Tillie and her family.

by John Bradford

> > > I just upgraded from 3.6.1, which booted fine, to 3.6.2, which stops
> > > after Tux has waved twice, and winked his left eye.
> > >
> > Sounds pretty fun to me!
>
> Right.
>
> Q: It hangs when booting! Just get to see the cute penguin
> (whatshisnameagain?)
>
> A: What version of Linux? What exactly did the bird do before hanging? BTW,
> his (her?) name is Tux
>
> Q: Oh, yo mean like $BIG_DISTRO 10.7.3? Yep, Tux winked.
>
> A. No, the kernel version... [longish explanation deleted]. And exactly how
> many times did he wink? Which wings? Did he waddle about? How many
> steps? Did he blink? Did you install wink-blink-boot version 27.3, or
> are you still with the older one?
>
> [ad nauseam]

The funny thing is, in a few years, somebody will probably read
through these old comments in the archive, and decide to implement the
animated Tux boot sequence just for a laugh, and then we really *will*
get bug reports like that. I will then probably get flamed for
suggesting it in the begining :-).

John

2003-01-29 15:07:34

by Valdis Klētnieks

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:10:23 +0100, Horst von Brand said:

> Q: It hangs when booting! Just get to see the cute penguin
> (whatshisnameagain?)
>
> A: What version of Linux? What exactly did the bird do before hanging? BTW,
> his (her?) name is Tux

Q: Actually, Tux made an obscene gesture and fell over.

A: Oh, that's the F00bar worm. You forgot to apply the security patch for
Frizbee 2.3, didn't you?

:)

Attachments: