2003-02-19 07:09:33

by Alexander Koch

Subject: 2.5.62 fails to boot, Uncompressing... and then nothing

Hiya.

I am experiencing problems getting certain 2.5.60 and
2.5.61 and also 2.5.62 to boot. One 2.5.60 is working,
the others are just doing something as I only see the
Uncompressing... and then nothing is happening at all
except my hard disc doing something which is not booting,
I feel. I fail to remember what the difference was between
the two versions of 2.5.60 (one running, the other is not).

Any ideas/hints on what this is?

Thanks,
Alexander

2003-02-19 07:23:22

by William Lee Irwin III

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:19:32AM +0100, Alexander Koch wrote:
> I am experiencing problems getting certain 2.5.60 and
> 2.5.61 and also 2.5.62 to boot. One 2.5.60 is working,
> the others are just doing something as I only see the
> Uncompressing... and then nothing is happening at all
> except my hard disc doing something which is not booting,
> I feel. I fail to remember what the difference was between
> the two versions of 2.5.60 (one running, the other is not).
> Any ideas/hints on what this is?

Do you have ACPI in your .config? Various ppl have been having
issues resolved when ACPI's deconfigured lately. Breaking out an
early printk patch of some flavor should probably help get some
boot logs out so you can debug if you care to do so.

-- wli

2003-02-19 09:38:28

by William Lee Irwin III

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 09:59:05AM +0100, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> I have the sam eproblem here, but ACPI is definetly not configured...
> Any idea else ?
> Thank you for any help in advance ! :O)

Try plopping down any of the more recent early_printk() patches and
posting some bootlogs, then.

-- wli

2003-02-19 09:35:26

by Meino Christian Cramer