2003-03-13 22:45:27

by Michael Dreher

Subject: pcmcia-ide hang with 2.4.21-pre

Hello all,

I get a hang as soon as I insert a pcmcia-cd-rom drive into my
vaio picturebook (ALi/Transmeta).
The box is just dead, after some seconds. 100% reproducible.
No sysrq works, nothing in the logs.

external pcmcia-cs from David Hinds, version 3.2.4 (February 26)
2.4.20 is OK
2.4.21-pre1 and later hang.

I attach "dmesg" from working 2.4.20 and "lspci -vv".

thank you,
Michael

Attachments:
(No filename) (396.00 B)
dmesg (14.98 kB)
lspci-vv (8.49 kB)

by Alan

Subject: Re: pcmcia-ide hang with 2.4.21-pre

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 22:58, Michael Dreher wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I get a hang as soon as I insert a pcmcia-cd-rom drive into my
> vaio picturebook (ALi/Transmeta).
> The box is just dead, after some seconds. 100% reproducible.
> No sysrq works, nothing in the logs.
>
> external pcmcia-cs from David Hinds, version 3.2.4 (February 26)
> 2.4.20 is OK
> 2.4.21-pre1 and later hang.

Which kernel pcmcia code are you using ? The supplied kernel code
or the Dave Hinds extras. (Both of course use the pcmcia user space)

2003-03-14 13:49:38

by Michael Dreher

Freitag, 14. M?rz 2003 16:00 wrote Alan Cox:
> On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 22:58, Michael Dreher wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I get a hang as soon as I insert a pcmcia-cd-rom drive into my
> > vaio picturebook (ALi/Transmeta).
> > The box is just dead, after some seconds. 100% reproducible.
> > No sysrq works, nothing in the logs.
> >
> > external pcmcia-cs from David Hinds, version 3.2.4 (February 26)
> > 2.4.20 is OK
> > 2.4.21-pre1 and later hang.
>
> Which kernel pcmcia code are you using ? The supplied kernel code
> or the Dave Hinds extras. (Both of course use the pcmcia user space)

I use everything from David Hinds. His user space as well as his
kernel modules.