2003-03-14 11:04:38

by szonyi calin

Subject: Panic with 2.5.64-mm

Hello

Kernel 2.5.64 with mm patches dies with "kernel panic,
killing interrupt handler" when ejecting cdrom
(with eject /dev/hdc).

System is duron 700 Mhz with via kt133 cipset and
radeon ve video card.

I didn't had time to copy the panic message but if
you can't reproduce it (for me is 100% reproductible)
i'll send it to you. Programs and glibc are the same
as in linux/Documentation/Changes or newer.

I'll try tomorrow to send the full Panic message to you.

Bye
Calin

=====
--
A mouse is a device used to point at
the xterm you want to type in.

by Jens Axboe

Subject: Re: Panic with 2.5.64-mm

On Fri, Mar 14 2003, szonyi calin wrote:
> Hello
>
> Kernel 2.5.64 with mm patches dies with "kernel panic,
> killing interrupt handler" when ejecting cdrom
> (with eject /dev/hdc).
>
> System is duron 700 Mhz with via kt133 cipset and
> radeon ve video card.
>
> I didn't had time to copy the panic message but if
> you can't reproduce it (for me is 100% reproductible)
> i'll send it to you. Programs and glibc are the same
> as in linux/Documentation/Changes or newer.

Try to boot with elevator=deadline

--
Jens Axboe