2003-03-27 02:48:03

by Joshua Kwan

Subject: WE16 patch for 2.5.66

It's me again, since my old patch started failing in net/netsyms.c.
So anyway, this patch will cleanly update your Wireless Extension
to version 16, diffed against the vanilla 2.5.66 kernel.

You can retrieve it at:
http://triplehelix.org/~joshk/linux/we15_2.5.66-we16.patch.bz2

It is best used with wireless-tools 26-pre7, to take advantage of
what WE16 actually does different from v15 which is already in the
kernel.

This is obviously still in testing, since Jean hasn't had it merged
with the main tree. Use at your own risk. :)

Regards
Josh

Attachments:
(No filename) (551.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Jean Tourrilhes

Subject: Re: WE16 patch for 2.5.66

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:59:14PM -0800, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> It's me again, since my old patch started failing in net/netsyms.c.
> So anyway, this patch will cleanly update your Wireless Extension
> to version 16, diffed against the vanilla 2.5.66 kernel.
>
> You can retrieve it at:
> http://triplehelix.org/~joshk/linux/we15_2.5.66-we16.patch.bz2
>
> It is best used with wireless-tools 26-pre7, to take advantage of
> what WE16 actually does different from v15 which is already in the
> kernel.
>
> This is obviously still in testing, since Jean hasn't had it merged
> with the main tree. Use at your own risk. :)
>
> Regards
> Josh

Jeff has been sitting on my last set of patches for one month,
so I'm doing other things while waiting for him.
Do you have any need for the new features in WE-16 ? If yes,
tell me about it, I'm always open to feedback.
Thanks...

Jean

2003-03-27 03:18:09

by Joshua Kwan

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 07:04:02PM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> Do you have any need for the new features in WE-16 ? If yes,
> tell me about it, I'm always open to feedback.

Yes, spy support didn't work at all with the old WE15 on my D-Link
DWL-520 card; now it works just fine. I used it extensively last month
to make sure my dad's computer's 802.11 card was working at all, since
it runs Windows 98 and basically everything in that OS is trial and
error :)

Regards
Josh

--