2003-03-31 12:22:58

by HayArms

Subject: APM: The system doesn't standby or suspend

Hi all, when I try to put the system in standby mode or suspend mode by
APM with the command apm -s or apm -S in the console I see the HDs that
powers off , and the monitor powers off too, but after few seconds the
system awakes automatically from the suspend mode (or standby) .

I use the kernel 2.4.21-pre6 on an MSI KT4 Ultra + Athlon XP 2400+

Thanks for help

Bye

2003-03-31 13:06:02

by bert hubert

Subject: Re: APM: The system doesn't standby or suspend

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 02:36:16PM +0200, Marci wrote:
> Hi all, when I try to put the system in standby mode or suspend mode by
> APM with the command apm -s or apm -S in the console I see the HDs that
> powers off , and the monitor powers off too, but after few seconds the
> system awakes automatically from the suspend mode (or standby) .

Many modern machines do not implement APM well anymore. Try ACPI. Does it
work with other kernels?

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO