2003-05-06 02:24:27

by crypt

Subject: status of matrox framebuffer drivers.

Hi I was just wondering if there was any work being done to get the
matrox framebuffer drivers updated so that they would compile under the
4.5 series kernels.

They seem to have been broken for a long time.

Joe.

in real life: Joseph Skinner |There's no such thing as a wizard
email: [email protected] |who minds his own business
Analyst/Programmer | - Berengis the Black
| Court Mage to the Earls Caeline

by jurriaan

Subject: Re: status of matrox framebuffer drivers.

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:36:54PM +1200
> Hi I was just wondering if there was any work being done to get the
> matrox framebuffer drivers updated so that they would compile under the
> 4.5 series kernels.
>
> They seem to have been broken for a long time.

If you read this list you might notice that Petr Vandovec is hard at
work, and a patch for 2.5.69 is available, as was one for 2.5.68, for
2.5.67, etc etc.

ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/pub/linux/matrox-latest/

The patch for 2.5.69 is 2.5.68-c1248, but it applies without
difficulties.

HTH,
Jurriaan
--
And I thought that the Borg were bad...
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.5.69 4112 bogomips load av: 0.51 0.34 0.31